Startup India Registration
Startup India is an initiative launched by the Government of India to support and promote startups in the country. The initiative aims to foster entrepreneurship and create a favorable ecosystem for the growth of startups.
To register a company under the Startup India initiative, you need to follow these steps:
- Eligibility: Ensure that your company meets the eligibility criteria set by the Startup India initiative. The criteria include:
- Your company should be incorporated as a Private Limited Company, Partnership Firm, or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP).
- The age of the company should not exceed 10 years from the date of incorporation.
- The annual turnover of the company should not have exceeded INR 100 crore in any of the previous financial years.
- Your company should be working towards innovation, development, deployment, or commercialization of new products, processes, or services driven by technology or intellectual property.
- Fill the Application Form: Fill the Startup India Recognition application form with accurate details about your company, including information about the directors, stakeholders, business model, etc. You will also need to upload certain documents such as the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association (MoA), Articles of Association (AoA), etc.
- Self-Certification: Self-certify that your company meets the eligibility criteria mentioned earlier and is working towards innovation, development, deployment, or commercialization of new products, processes, or services driven by technology or intellectual property